FODAVA, Fall 2010
FODAVA Audio Visualization Group, Fall 2010, will meet alternate Thursdays in 5369 Beckman, 3-4pm
- August 26, 3-4, BI 5369
- timeliner status update. final allocation of tasks remaining prior to human subjects experiments.
- September 9, 2010, BI 5369
- timeliner dry run for human subject experiments. Advertisement for subjects should be posted by this time, and we should be getting subject requests.
- September 23, 2010, BI 5369
- Mark is at Interspeech, human subjects experiments are running.
- October 7, 2010, BI 5369
- status update on human subjects experiments, emergency fixes
- October 20, 2010 BI 5369
- final wrap-up of human subject experiments, beginning of data analysis
Acoustic Events alternating with Dereverberation, Fall 2009
Computer Audition Group and Dereverberation Group will alternate Fridays, meeting 12:00-1:00pm in 2169 Beckman.
- March 20
- Methods and audio examples of field recording at Willard Airport. Dave Cohen and Camille Goudeseune.
- /workspace/ifp-32-2/hasegawa/data/multimodal/nonspeech/FODAVA/090216 Slides here
- March 13
- Beckman Open House
- March 6 Acoustic Events
- Auditory Psychophysics, Attention, Auditory Salience
- Papers are at Acoustic events papers
- Feb 27 Dereverberation
- Literature review: acoustic range-finding, autonomous vehicles
- Feb 20 Acoustic Events
- Article: Bryce Lobdell discusses Posner and Peterson, "Attention and Cognitive Control," from Information Processing and Cognition: The Loyola Symposium, 1975
- Bryce's slides are here in Open Office format
- The paper is here. For username and password, send e-mail to Prof. Hasegawa-Johnson.
- Feb 13 Dereverberation
- Article: Sarah Borys discusses Optimal focusing by spatio-temporal inverse filter. I. Basic principles, M. Tanter, J.-F. Aubry, J. Gerber, J.-L. Thomas, and M. Fink, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Volume 110, Issue 1, pp. 37-47 (July 2001)
- Article: Sarah Borys discusses Optimal focusing by spatio-temporal inverse filter. II. Experiments. Application to focusing through absorbing and reverberating media, J.-F. Aubry, M. Tanter, J. Gerber, J.-L. Thomas, and M. Fink, J. Acoust. Soc. Am. Volume 110, Issue 1, pp. 48-58 (July 2001)
- Also, be prepared to discuss possible experiments!
- Feb 6 Acoustic Events
- Kyungtae Kim presents audio transcriber instructions, and all of us will try the protocol
- Jan 30 Dereverberation
- Article: Laehoon Kim discusses Precise Dereverberation Using Multichannel Linear Prediction, M. Delcroix, T. Hikichi, and M. Miyoshi, Trans. Audio, Speech, and Language Feb. 2007 15(2):430-440
- Jan 23 Acoustic Events
- Planning meeting
Acoustic Events, Fall 2008
- FODAVA Distinguished Lecture Series
- Alexey Chervonenkis and Vladimir Vapnik
- Audio Saliency on Spectrogram
- Kai-Hsiang Lin, 12/3/2008, 1:00, 2035 Beckman
- Auditory Psychophysics
- Kyung-Tae Kim, 11/12/2008, 1:00, 2169 Beckman
- Feature Analysis and Selection for Acoustic Event Detection
- Xiaodan Zhuang and Xi Zhou, 10/29/2008, 1:00, 2169 Beckman
- Perceptual Salience
- Dirk Bernhardt-Walther, 10/15/2008, 1:00, 2169 Beckman
- Visualizing Audio for Anomaly Detection
- Camille Goudeseune, 10/1/2008, 1:00, 2169 Beckman